As both workers and citizens, 21st century university graduates will need to combine the rigors of disciplinary knowledge with a capacity for diverse collaborations. They will need to value and employ diverse ways of seeing and understanding, be able to synthesize knowledge across seemingly disparate contexts, and create new knowledge in transdisciplinary teams. This is what we aim for at the Virginia Tech Honors College; our programs are tailored to equip students with these skills by emphasizing opportunities for collaborative discovery and experiential learning.
A Virginia Tech Honors College education can significantly amplify the undergraduate experience. Successful Honors College students are highly motivated, are intentional about choosing the approach to their honors education that is right for them and take initiative to pursue Honors opportunities and resources. Graduating with an Honors distinction is an extraordinary academic and professional credential.
- Honors College (UH) Courses are courses that are intentionally curated to provide opportunities for transdisciplinary collaboration and to explore topics like ethical research practices
- The Honors Minor in Collaborative Discovery is a one-of-a-kind academic minor grounded in Honors College (UH) courses and taught by Honors College faculty
- The Presidential Global Scholars program, a signature study abroad opportunity
- Honors merit scholarships and other funding for professional development and experiential learning
- Distinctive professional development programming
- Multigenerational and multidisciplinary Honors housing options
- Student leadership opportunities, like the Honors Peer Advising Center, the Honors College Student Council, and Peer Education
DECIDE IF HONORS IS RIGHT FOR YOU
If you're trying to make a decision about joining the Honors College, check out the Honors Opportunities listed on this page. Below is more information about the Honors College community and culture that will help you decide.
FOLLOW US @VTHONORSCOLLEGE
Follow us @VTHonorsCollege on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to stay up-to-date with Honors opportunities!