Honors College Operations
VT Honors College 2020 - 2021 Operations
The Honors College recognizes this as a challenging time for both the Honors community and for Virginia Tech as a whole. Please be assured that VT Honors College is here for you. We want you to succeed and will do whatever we can to help you. Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 540-231-4591 for any Honors-related needs, concerns, or questions. Our 2020 - 2021 operating guidelines are as follows:
- Wearing a mask or face covering is mandatory in Hillcrest Hall at all times. Two or more people in any space in Hillcrest Hall requires that all occupants wear a mask. Occupants are also expected to practice social distancing by keeping a safe six feet of distance between other occupants.
- All meetings with Honors faculty and staff are by appointment only.
- Eating and drinking is prohibited inside Honors College Studio areas. Please feel free to enjoy your meal outside - we have plenty of seating areas!
- Honors Peer Advising Center (HPAC) appointments will proceed online. Learn more about HPAC.
- Check out our new digital bulletins in Hillcrest Hall and the Honors College Studios space in Squires, which will promote Honors news, opportunities available to Honors students, events, and more. (Coming soon.)
- Wake Up With Honors (WUWH) for the Spring 2021 semester has been cancelled.
- Due to COVID-19, there will not be a formal application for Enrichment Grants in the 2020/2021 academic year. Grants will be awarded instead on an academic merit basis.
- Keep up with Virginia Tech's plan for the Spring 2021 Semester and COVID-19 updates on ready.vt.edu.
- Download the Hokie Ready app for emergency alerts and resources, along with Hokie Health, the new COVID-19 screening tool for employees and students that is located within the app. Learn more and download the app now.
Learn More about our operations by location
The Common Area
- This space will still be open to the public and to students. The existing furniture will be adjusted to allow at least six feet of social distancing when in use.
- Eating in the common area is prohibited. Please feel free to enjoy your meal outside - we have plenty of seating areas!
- This space is open to employees only. Students are allowed only when accompanied by an employee.
- This space is open to employees only. Students are allowed only when accompanied by an employee or to keep an appointment.
- There should be no more than fifty people in this room at one time per the Registrar’s guidelines. Please contact your instructor of the course in this space for further information and expectations.
- Eating and drinking is prohibited in Honors College Studios. Please feel free to enjoy your meal outside - we have plenty of seating areas!
Honors College Staff - Quick Contact List
Honors College faculty and staff will continue working regular hours and will be available online to continue facilitating extraordinary undergraduate education for Honors students.
Please contact the Honors College via email (email@example.com) or phone (540-231-4591) for any Honors-related needs, concerns, or questions.
Stay in the know by following us @VTHonorsCollege on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Concerns about housing?
If you have any housing-related questions or concerns, please contact Housing either by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (540-231-6205).